Welcome to Cyber Ireland’s New Members!
An incredible 80 organisations have already signed up to become members of Ireland’s Cyber Security cluster since the Cluster Launch on the 20th of May. The new members range from cyber security MNC’s and indigenous companies, companies with security-operations, large consumers of cyber security products & services, as well as academic institutes and government agencies. We believe Ireland has a real opportunity to position itself as a global cyber security leader, and we are delighted to have these organisations on board to support and drive this ambition.
To participate in the cluster working groups, activities or events, organisations will need to sign-up and become members. Membership of the cluster is free for the first year until May 2020. You can become a member by downloading the Cluster Membership Application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Talent & Skills
- 31/7/2019 – Free Online Cybersecurity Information Pass
- 31/7/2019 – Commercial Cyber Aptitude Test (CCAT)
- 16/09/19 – MSc in Cyber Security (ONLINE)
A full list of Upcoming Cyber Security Training Programmes from ICT Skillnet can be found HERE.
• Apprenticeship training is estimated at €18K, funded by the Government
• Companies get two-year period to assess apprentice’s fit to company & culture
• Attendance and participation is excellent because of FIT governance of the program
• Candidates tend to be very driven and highly engaged
• 100% retention and very high conversion on the Network and Software Developer apprenticeships so far.
If you are an employer interested in tapping into this valuable skills pipeline and taking on an apprentice, contact:
- Initiatives to attract children into cyber security careers
- Initiatives to attract / retain adults into cyber security careers
- CPD Groups, Meet-up Groups & Networks
- Events & Conference Diary Dates
Research & Development
Cyber Ireland is commencing a project to map the cyber security R&D landscape across both academia and industry in Ireland.The mapping will identify the organisations currently involved in cyber security R&D and their research areas, to better promote Ireland’s research strengths and facilitate increased industry-academic research collaborations.
- Capgemini’s Reinventing Cybersecurity with Artificial Intelligence Report Published.
Networking & Promotion
Upcoming National & European Cyber Security Challenge
More details on the competition, registration and sponsorship opportunities can be found at the competition website (https://cybersecuritychallenge.ie) or by contacting Mark Lane at MarkL@zerodays.ie
International & Business Development
Cyber Ireland was part of an Irish business delegation of over 45 companies and organisations, to the UK Midlands for the UK launch of the British Embassy led programme Joining the Dots.
We met with the largest Cyber Security Cluster in the UK, MidlandsCyber (est. by government in 2015), which is based at Malvern Hills Science Park and learned about their cyber security ecosystem & supports:
- Soft landing Initiative for companies (co-working space, public relations and industry/government warm introductions)
- BetaDen – a commercial tech accelerator
- 5G Testbed for Smart Manufacturing & Security
- Seminar by QinetiQ – a multinational defence research & technology company (spin-out of government, £1b revenue, 6,000 employees worldwide),
- Midlands Cyber MOU with Maryland USA
For start-ups and SMEs – Following the last Cyber Investor Day in May 2019, which two Irish companies attended, the next European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) Investor Day is scheduled to take place on 15 October 2019 in Luxembourg. Application process for the start-ups and SMEs has been launched!
The most promising European cybersecurity start-ups and SMEs will have an opportunity to pitch their innovative solutions and participate in the strategic business matchmaking sessions, where they will meet with the influential European and international investors. To be selected and pitch their product, the European cybersecurity start-ups and SMEs are invited to apply by 25 August 2019.
Application guidelines are available here.
For investors – Interested investors are invited to register here.
Cyber Ireland in the News & at Events
- Cyber Ireland attends SME & Entrepreneurship Conference 2019 at the Aviva Stadium, Dublin (12/07/2019).
- Ireland hosted its first ever GovTech gathering; bringing together start-ups, entrepreneurs, SMEs, academia, venture capitalists and key Government decision-makers. As part of the workshop Cyber Ireland contributed to the development of a plan to embed GovTech in Ireland (20/6/2019)
- “Ireland is not meeting the 18pc increase in demand for cybersecurity roles” Silicon Republic Article