The SolarWinds Global Information Security team is seeking a senior security engineer to join our SolarWinds information security team.
You will work closely with team members throughout the business as well as across technology teams to develop security operations practices, review security reports, respond to system alerts and coordinate security incident response activities. We are looking for a candidate who possess a strong information security background and has proven work experience managing threats in a global enterprise IT environment.
This role is an integral part of helping to advance the company’s corporate security capabilities in exciting and innovative new ways while continually improving the overall protection of its global infrastructure, end-user systems and mobile devices, and SaaS application environments.
This is a hands-on role that requires a strong understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards, and has good practical knowledge of system, network, mobile, cloud, and application security. You will help to improve the incident response program, develop, document, and enforce security standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures to support our enterprise security posture and to protect the SolarWinds corporate and cloud infrastructures.
- Providing technical guidance and support to the information security incident response team around the implementation of the information security and incident response program
- Primary responder to critical incidents, threats, vulnerabilities and bring these issues to resolution
- Primary communicator and coordinator with internal and 3rd party teams during critical severity incidents.
- Participating in incident response exercises from creation, execution, tracking, and documentation.
- Driving improvements in security incident response detection and automation capabilities
- Triage and assessing security concerns, developing remediation plans, and driving security incidents to resolution
- Facilitating post incident reviews, documenting root causes, and actively working with impacted teams addressing resolution actions
- Developing, integrating, and improving security incident response “playbooks” and documentation for the information security team
- Designing, documenting, and implementing incident response processes, procedures, guidelines, and solutions. Responsible for technical and executive level reports on incident response issues
- Automate processes and procedures to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the information security program
- Assists in the creation, maintenance, and documentation of information security processes and procedures
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a security administrator, engineer, or analyst in an enterprise environment
- Understanding of information security concepts such as risk management, control gap assessments, threat modeling, security automation, cloud security, security architecture, and incident response
- Solid understanding of cybersecurity “best practices” including principles, security protocols and standards material such as OWASP Top 10 and SANS Critical Security Controls
- Understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Experience with on premise and cloud-based security technologies like data loss prevention, endpoint security, log and event analysis, user behavior analytics, next generation firewalls, and file integrity monitoring.
- Knowledge of IT Security, Incident Response, Access Control and Authorization, including IT Governance and NIST’s Cybersecurity frameworks
What awaits you, besides great coworkers?
We offer many benefits, such as growth opportunities and bonuses. The main one, though, is people and a great team from which you can learn.
We provide VHI medical insurance for you, your partner, and your children, Life and disability insurance, and a Pension plan.
You can also join our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
You can bike to work, visit our on-site gym, and enjoy annual leave, which is increasing with tenure (1 day a year up to 25 days). We also offer two days per year for volunteering.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.solarwinds.jobs.