*12 Month Fixed-Term Full-Time Contract*
Munster Technological University (MTU) invites applications from suitably qualified persons
for the position of Events & Digital Marketing Coordinator working with Cyber Ireland at the
V-LINC Research Group, School of Business.
Duties & responsibilities for the role
Cyber Ireland is seeking to appoint an Events & Digital Marketing Coordinator, reporting to Dr
Eoin Byrne, Cluster Manager, to drive the development of the cluster and implementation of
the Cluster initiatives focused on: Talent and Skills, Research and Development, Networking
and Internationalisation. To facilitate networking, sharing of experiences and collaboratio n
between cluster members, the Events & Digital Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for
delivering events including Webinars, Regional Chapter meetings, National events and a
National Conference. They will be responsible for Digital Marketing and Communicatio ns
through our newsletter, website and social media accounts. They will engage with member
companies, educational and research institutions as well as relevant public agencies at national
level. They will align activities with the Cyber Skills Project and Education and Public
Engagement (EPE) Manager to deliver our Talent and Skills activities. They will support the
annual Membership subscriptions and help to grow the cluster membership.
The Main Responsibilities of the role are:
• Deliver and support the organisation of events including Webinars, Regional Chapter
Meetings, National events and a National Conference.
• Digital Marketing & Communications – deliver the monthly newsletter, update the
website and manage social media accounts (LinkedIn & Twitter)
• Manage the annual Membership subscriptions and grow the cluster membership
• Deliver cluster activities to support the indigenous Cyber Security start-ups and SMEs
under the Enterprise Ireland Regional Technology Cluster Fund programme.
• Work with the CYBER SKILLS Project and EPE Manager to deliver our Talent & Skills
• Actively engaging with cluster members and facilitate collaboration between industry
(Start-ups, SMEs & MNCS) educational and research institutions, and public agencies at
• Presentation and communication of the Cyber Security Cluster at events
• Tracking of progress and KPIs of cluster activities
Qualification requirements for the role
The candidate should have / be able to demonstrate the following:
• An appropriate third-level qualification – primary honours degree (level 8) or equivalent
from a recognised degree awarding authority in the areas of Business or Marketing;
• At least 3 years postgraduate or industry experience;
• Event Management experience
• Digital Marketing experience and use of digital marketing tools (websites, email
platforms, social media, CRM)
• A proven ability to work well in teams;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Ability to adapt to changing working practices and deadlines;
• Willingness to work flexible hours and travel nationally/internationally as required.
• Genuine interest and passion for the Cyber Ireland mission and objectives;
Although not hard requirements, candidates with experience in the areas below will have
• Managing relationships with industry, academia and/or government, in particular
• A relevant master’s degree will be a significant advantage;
• Track record of working with the ICT or cyber security sector.
To apply for this job please visit www.mtu.ie.