North West Chapter Event: Cyber Security Start-Ups and Scale-Ups
Following on from the very successfully virtual Launch of the North West Chapter & the first North West Chapter Event: ‘Careers in Cyber’, we are delighted to announce our next virtual meetup titled ‘Cyber Security Start-Ups and Scale-Ups’.
On Friday the 22 nd of January 2021 at 11am Philip Close, director of Secora Consulting will give an overview of the Cybersecurity company which specialises in Pen-testing, Baseline assessments, Adversary simulation and Incident response for financial and tech companies. Philip will talk about how he changed his career by completing an honours degree in Computer Security and Digital Forensics in LYIT. Philip will discuss the challenges and opportunities of running a Cybersecurity consultancy business in the Northwest while having customers in the UK and further afield. We look forward to Philip’s story and hope it inspires others in the Northwest chapter to consider their own start-ups.
Marco Borza, founder and CEO of Advantio will share the story of Advantio’s journey to date and why, since June 2020, there has been a drive to set up a Cyber Sec operation in the North West of Ireland. Advantio offers a unique combination of technologies and managed, advisory and testing services to increase companies cyber resilience. Advantio focusses in helping companies manage their PCI Compliance and is now launching a new Managed Security Services operation that will increase companies cyber resilience on time and on budget.
The testimonies will be followed by a Q&A session with Kevin Buckley (Cybersecurity specialist with Enterprise Ireland), John McGarvey (Lecturer in LYIT) and Jillian Ruggiere (The Base Enterprise NW).
- Philip Close – Director of Secora consulting – his experience of starting a Cybersecurity business in the Northwest and getting started in Cybersecurity. (20 minutes)
- Marco Borza – The story of Advantio in the Northwest. (20 minutes)
- Question and Answer session – Kevin Buckley (Cybersecurity specialist with EI) , John McGarvey (Lecturer in LYIT) and Jillian Ruggiere (The Base Enterprise NW) (20 mins).
From the North-West Chapter Leads:
- Paul Brady, Optum
- Cian Collins, Advantio
- John McGarvey, Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Veronica Rogers, Institute of Technology Sligo