- critical sectors for public health and the economy such as utilities, teleco’s & healthcare,
- companies and employees who have moved to remote working and depend on digital infrastructure
- for all citizens who rely on digital tools to work, communicate and carry-on daily activities during these difficult times.
We aim to provide a central resource on cyber security information and updates for companies and citizens alike during the Coronavirus pandemic. Below you will find various resources, which have been submitted by Cyber Ireland members. If you have relevant cyber security content that you would like to share through our website and social media, please send it to: email@example.com
Cyber Security Info & Resources
Official Government Cyber Security Updates
For official government cyber security updates see the National Cyber Security Centre Resources:
- Read the NCSC Advisory on COVID-19 Cyber Threat – https://www.ncsc.gov.ie/pdfs/COVID19Advice.pdf
- See the NCSC Weekly Security Updates – https://www.ncsc.gov.ie/news/
- Keep up to date on Twitter – @ncsc_gov_ie
Other resources COVID-19 Security Info
The following are a list of sites that have articles containing specific details of COVID-19 themed attacks.
These sites contain useful indicators of compromise (IOCs) and background information on the associated
- COVID-19, Info Stealer & the Map of Threats Report – https://blog.reasonsecurity.com/2020/03/09/covid-19-info-stealer-the-map-of-threats-threat-analysis-report/
- US Department of Homeland Security Advice https://www.cisa.gov/coronavirus
- Recorded Future – Capitalizing on the Coronavirus Panic, Threat Actors Target Victims Worldwide
- NCSC UK Advice. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/news/cyber-experts-step-criminals-exploit-coronavirus
- Beware of criminals pretending to be WHO https://www.who.int/about/communications/cybersecurity
Working from Home / Remotely
Quickly train employees to work (and children to learn) from home safely and securely. These resources and training materials are a combination of both public resources and paid training materials which have been released for free.
- For Organizations – Securely Working From Home Deployment Kit – https://security-awareness.sans.org/sites/default/files/2020-03/01-SSA-WorkingFromHome-DeploymentGuide_0.pdf
- For Individuals – Securely Working From Home Factsheet – Download the Factsheet.
- For Parents – Securing Your Kids Online
ENISA ‘Top Tips for Cybersecurity when Working Remotely’ – https://www.enisa.europa.eu/news/executive-news/top-tips-for-cybersecurity-when-working-remotely
Cyber Security Toolkit for SMEs
The Global Cyber Alliance (GCA) has built a free cyber security toolkit for small to medium-sized businesses, which will enable business owners to significantly reduce reduce the most common attacks in today’s cyber threat landscape by at least 85%.
Use the GCA Cybersecurity Toolkit (https://gcatoolkit.org/smallbusiness/) to assess your security posture, implement free tools, find practical tips, and use free resources and guides to improve your company’s cybersecurity readiness and response.
How to Use the GCA Cybersecurity Toolkit for Small Business
Notice to Users
Cyber Ireland does not make any warranties about the effectiveness of any of the resources, information or tools on this website. The resources are assembled from free sources to help businesses and employees. Cyber Ireland is not liable for any losses or damages in connection with use of the material.